Tennessee Department of Human Services Phone Numbers and Emails

APPEALS and HEARINGS
  • (800) 628-7818
    Blind and Visually Impaired
  • (615) 253-4394
    Child Support Disbursement Unit (local)
  • (800) 342-1117
    Disability Determination Services
  • (888) 997-9444
    Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)
  • (866) 311-4287
    Family Assistance Service Center
  • (615) 313-5516
    Tennessee Child Support Employer Line (Local)
  • (800) 446-0814
    Tennessee Child Support Employer Line (Toll Free)
  • (800) 732-5059

• (615) 313-4766

Tennessee Department of Human Services Emails:

Accessibility
Customer Service
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, CHILD CARE and COMMUNITY SERVICES, ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, FAMILY ASSISTANCE and CHILD SUPPORT, ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT and STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS, COMMISSIONER, DEPUTY COMMISSIONER, OPERATIONS, DEPUTY COMMISSIONER, PROGRAMS and SERVICES, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, GENERAL COUNSEL, OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL, INSPECTOR GENERAL
Headquarters
CHIEF OF STAFF, PUBLIC INFORMATION AND LEGISLATIVE OFFICE
Report Fraud
barbara.broersma@tn.gov
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, APPEALS and HEARINGS
abby.sparks@tn.gov
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, HUMAN RESOURCES, TALENT MANAGEMENT-LEARNING and DEVELOPMENT
mandy.1.johnson@tn.gov
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, REHABILITATION SERVICES
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

Tennessee Department of Human Services Customer Service Overview

• Tennessee Department of Human Services Customer Service is rated at 1.2 out of 5. Consumers who contact the company are mostly dissatisfied. More commonly used way of contact is by phone.

Source Distribution
    65% phone 35% email
  • The best phone number to call Tennessee Department of Human Services is 8667878209. 38% of consumers used this number to address their issues and concerns.

• The longest wait times are on Tuesday, while the shortest are on Sunday. The average call time is 18 seconds.

• Be prepared for the call as Tennessee Department of Human Services may ask you for the following information to identify you as a customer: social security number, address or first and last name.

View full overview ›

How to Contact Tennessee Department of Human Services Customer Service?

Most Popular Number:

(888) 277-8366
Report Abuse or Neglect
Total calls: 26 Last call: Jul 12, 2024

For various inquiries related to the Tennessee Department of Human Services, individuals can utilize several contact numbers provided by the department. To report abuse or neglect, the Tennessee Department of Human Services is 1-888-277-8366. Similarly, you can contact customer service for appeals and hearings-related questions at 1-866-787-8209.
Matters concerning the blind and visually impaired are answered at 1-800-628-7818. Individuals with queries about the Child Support Disbursement Unit on a local level can call Tennessee DHS at 1-615-253-4394. If the provided numbers do not address your concern, another Department of Human Services TN phone number is 1-833-772-8347 for additional assistance.

TN Department of Human Services is at Clarence H. Carter, Commissioner, 505 Deaderick Street, Nashville, TN 37243-1403. The address serves as a direct point of contact for individuals seeking assistance from the department and customer care executives available to solve customer queries and concerns. You can bring your problems regarding subject-specific Tennessee EBT customer services, and the highly trained professionals will give prompt assistance to solve your questions.

The Tennessee Department of Human Services operates its Adult Protective Services during standard office hours, from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. During these hours, individuals can contact the department for assistance or inquiries related to Adult Protective Services. After these hours, calls made to the department will be returned on the next business day. Customers are advised to call 911 for immediate assistance in emergencies outside of the specified office hours. By providing clear information about the hours of operation and emergency procedures, the company ensures that individuals seeking support or assistance understand when to reach out and how to access help in urgent situations.

PissedConsumer Club

Nashville, TN 37243

More contact details

Tennessee Department of Human Services Customer Service Reviews

1.2 / 5
Bad
Katherine S Mii
Consistent no help for 5 months.
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

I have been trying to renew my benefits since at least January '24. I filed an appeal to get some of my benefits back which I felt were unnecessarily taken away from me. I never heard anything back from this. Then I just figured I'd try to just submit a completely new application. I was supposed to have an interview in January after that, but I never received that appointment call.

I felt completely defeated: so time passed by where I just didn't really want to think about it. Also, every time I call my offices here in Shelby County, I am on hold for at least an hour, just to talk to some operator (not even at my offices with whom I intended to contact) for maybe a minute, so that they can just tell them to give me a call back at a later time. Who knows if they will even call me back, as seen earlier.

So now I decided months later to try again after doing my best to try not to rely on Government assistance since it seems impossible to get actual help. I tried to apply for many jobs with no avail. Even if I did receive a job, it would be near impossible to provide for my son and me. Currently, I am a technically homeless almost 33 years old. Luckily I live with my mother but I do not have means to have my own life at all.

So hopefully you can see how stuck I am, and how I am in dire need of these services unfortunately. I also have been diagnosed with severe depression which I chose not to really disclose seeing as It's not like I receive benefits or anything for it, as this is a whole other daunting process to go through. As apparently it doesn't really seem to make a difference anyway.

I am trying to receive at least SNAP and TANF. My child's father is not regular with child support so I NEED these things to even try to make some kind of impact in my life especially with this recession we are going through. I was receiving these things easily until I decided to apply for childcare services. I fell behind on submitting the documents needed for that specific service unfortunately.

And frankly, I didn't even receive half of the services I expected to receive during as well. Like job help, resources, and housing assistance like I was told I would get on our first call. All I got was someone making sure I turned in paperwork and that's it. I expected the childcare services to go away but not my previously held benefits of SNAP and TANF.

So that's when I appealed those benefits to come back to absolutely no avail. I hate to call because like I said I am always put on hold for at least 1 hour; other times up to 3 hours! I thought this new computer system y'all were implementing was supposed to make things easier.

It definitely seems as though it's only made the workers be more lazy. Y'all now close an hour earlier and like I said I can literally get no customer service if I call, just an operator for 1-2 minutes max. I don't know about y'all but I don't think anyone likes to be put on hold for hours during the day to speak with an operator for 2 minutes max. I have been on hold for 2 hours and 13 minutes!

I spoke to a lady and requested to be transferred to the complaints phone number and since then have been on hold for almost an hour. I even asked if she was able to transfer me or if she knew the number. I'm guessing now she's either bitter or is not able. Now I am not even able to submit a survey because she won't let me go or tell me what's really going on. (Still on hold for 2 hours and 35 minutes as I am editing this.)

I just want to be able to somewhat affordably provide for my family so I am not always in emergency survival mode. I thought y'all were supposed to help those in desperate poverty. Y'all used to be a lot more helpful, now I get no help. If I missed my interview, they used to leave me a voicemail asking to call them back because the interview is not long at all, 10-15 minutes max! Just to verify the documents I sent!

Granted I do admit I did miss my appointment. But granted I also asked for an afternoon appointment, and that was not respected either, and many other things I did weren't respected either. And yet here I am, 5 months later, trying to receive the minimum benefits I should definitely be eligible to receive and had no reason to cancel them in the first place.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Genuinely,
Katherine Sandouk

Amy M Uyl
Tennessee dhs
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Dhs
I am writing to file a formal complaint regarding the unacceptable handling of my food stamp application over the past two months. When I initially applied in [DATE], I was informed my application was received and would be processed in a timely manner.

However, despite multiple attempts to contact the case worker assigned to me, I have received no updates or communication about the status of my application. It has now been over two months since applying, and when I call the status is still listed as "pending" with no explanation provided. During this extended waiting period with no information or responses to my inquiries, I have been struggling financially and having difficulty providing basic necessities now that I have moved to my new home. As someone in need of assistance, this level of poor customer service and radio silence about my application is unacceptable.

Prompt access to these vital benefits is crucial, yet I have been left in the dark for far too long without any caseworker contact or responsiveness regarding next steps. I request an immediate review of the handling of my application and demand accountability for these unacceptable

Summary of Tennessee Department of Human Services Customer Service Calls

0% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call Tennessee Department of Human Services?

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Didn't receive my phone interview”
  • “Haven't received my new food stamp card”
  • “Didn't get my stamps”

Request for Information Question:

• “Help with Ebt”
  • “To find out why our foodsyamps are not renewed”
  • “Snap new appointment”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Yes I just got my food stamps back on March 14 and I only used my food stamps card Thursday and I had some leftover and I called my card and it says I have no more food stamp left and I know I had some leftover”
  • “I was approved for snap benefits on 2/8/24 and the case worker asked if I needed a EBT CARD and I said yes it been 2 weeks and still haven't received it”
  • “Get my food stàmp”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Need renewal form”

Staff Question:

• “Issue with services”
  • “Customer service representative”

Cards Question:

• “I can't use my E B T card to get groceries ,I have money on my card but it won't let me use it”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Complaints they lost my application, that was turned in on 11/28/23 family assistance service center stated they requested new interview several times”

Account Question:

• “I got approved for EBT yesterday, had a balance this morning used card once now it is deactivated”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Ent payment”

Other Question:

• “Interview phone call botched”
  • “NeedingTo speak”
  • “I need my Identification mailed to me”

Compare Tennessee Department of Human Services To

Do you have something to say about Tennessee Department of Human Services? What happened? What can we help you with?
Submit review Don't show this popup